So What is a Holistic Facial, you might ask ??!
Well, I got asked this very question the other day, so I thought I would try to explain what it is. We all know what a normal Facial entails and a Holistic Facial starts the same way
- Cleanse – we start with a cleanse using either a cream cleanser or a cream wash
- Tone – next we use a fine mist to refine the pores and tighten the skin
- Exfoliate – for a deeper cleanse, we use a facial polish which has slightly abrasive ingredients to clear the skin which is currently shedding
- Mask – for extra hydration we apply a mask to thoroughly clean the pores and which will allow the moisturisers to be absorbed more efficiently
- Moisturise – serums and oils are applied to feed the dermis layer of our skin while a moisturiser will nourish the outer layers.
And we throw lots of hot towels in to the mix to make this a very luxurious treatment indeed !
With a “Holistic Approach”, our aim is to treat the whole body and not just the skin. We do this by using massage techniques to relieve stress from the upper chest area, arms, shoulders, neck, head and face. This is done during the “Mask” phase.
The products we use are Natural and Organic from Neals Yard Remedies. They use organic essential oils which help to bring balance and wellbeing to the client receiving the treatment.
This is a great treatment to incorporate with a Mini Facial Reflexology or Advanced Facial Reflexology. Or try our Top to Toe Treatment which involves a Holistic Facial, Foot Reflexology and Reiki Energy Healing.